RheaNoreen DelaCruz (Short Story)

A LETTER TO MY TREVELYAN'S

I met Ares Trevelyan, my husband in my job. He is a general surgeon and I am a nurse. Our first meeting is not that very romantic but it was the other way round. We were in the situation where there is a critical situation in the emergency room. He was fuming mad because I didn’t tell him everything happened on a patient who escaped from the hospital which he told me that I should be the one who will watch for the patient. We were fighting after that incident he is trying to test my patience that time but of course I no longer have that so I fight back because that was not only my fault! Im not the guard in that hospital. After our commotion I was called by the director of the hospital. I thought that he will suspend me or even fire me for what happened. But gladly he just talk to me and to watch my behavior. i was so happy because of that. Days had passed we were always together because we are a team. So i don’t have any way to get out of his sight. He always bugs me and i also do the same. Months had passed I don’t know what happened it's just he take me out to eat lunch and then there it started we are always together eating lunch everyday, he knows me well and i got the chance to know him too. Until the day come he ask me if he can court me of course i accepted it because I also like him even though he bugs me everytime if we are in the hospital. He always teased me for being the most clumsiest nurse in town! But he is sweet if we are alone. He always cuddle, he loves hugging, he loves to sing everytime we go home he always sing my favorite song "can't stop falling in love with you". He has a nice voice. We always go out, we travel, we were in a relationship that time when we started traveling. We love beaches.
In our anniversary, our first anniversary I was mad because we were planning to go to Maldives to celebrate it, I already pack our things for our flight but then he told me that I shoud go first because he has a surgery to his patient. I left with no choice but to go first, but then I was shock when I arrived in Maldives where I saw my family and his family and even our friends where there, I was stunned, I don’t know what to do! I can't move my body, and then there it happened my Ares showed up in the center from the crowd he was singing my favorite song and then there were people who were dancing together with my family and his family and our friends my mom is crying and his mom was also crying! After he ended the song there was two girls who come with me and put me a flower crown and a banquet of a tulips with rose. and then after that Ares came to me he kiss my hand. I said "what are you doing?" I was shaking in that moment because I feel something. He just smiled at me and then he bend his knee and said "my clumsy nurse but ever gorgeous lady will you be mine forever? Will you mary me?" And then there I cried so much! I am so happy! I love this man! I accepted his proposal, he gave me a diamond heart shape ring it was very beautiful and the he kissed me tenderly not that very harshly because because my family are there! So after that sweet surprise we danced we celebrate it and then I ask him how did he do the proposal. "how did you do that? You told me you have a surgery and you will come after the surgery?". He smiled and kiss my nose "well im not really good in surprises but your bestfriend help me everything because she knew that you love surprises". I was so happy that he did that it was very nice." So the surgery was your alibi then? Hmm?" I said it sweetly. He hug me from my back "don’t tempt me with that sweet voice, I want to pregnate you after you have my name". I laugh so hard that time! He is very frank he doesn’t filter words if were together, well I also love it.
After five months we are already married we have our own house because he bought before our wedding. In the marriage life we also encountered argues and some misunderstanding but we always fixed it. After three months I got pregnant and they are twins! I was so happy, we were so happy. He always takes good care to me. He makes time to be with me even he is busy because he is now the CEO of their company of hospitals. His dad is the owner before, now that he have his family his dad gave it to him. After gaving birth to our twins which are baby boys, we named them Achilles and Apollo, we went to Italy because Ares has a business venture and he wants us to be with him so we stayed there until the boys are already grown up together with their baby sister which is three years younger than them her name is Lindsy Aphrodite. We love Greek names by the Greek Gods. Years had passed they are already grown up. he doesn't allowed me to work anymore after i gave birth to the twins. We still have a sweet moments with my husband even we are getting old. Our children are already working. They're father always guides them ,always protects them in everything and me I always teach them to always have faith to our God and always have a good heart, and I always take good care to them and always loves them. Together we go to church every Sunday because we have a rule that Sunday is for family day. No phones, no work that’s my rule.
we celebrated our 50th anniversary together with our children, families, relatives and friends. I am so blessed to have a good family from the family when I was young and to the family that I have already. I am so thankful, I love my husband, my children, my family and my God.
"P.S. when you read this letter my dear children this means that me and your father is peacefully living with our God almighty we will be watching you and we will always love you. have faith always and have a good heart. Forever and always."

With all the love, 
 Leandayle Trevelyan

Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manfred Paspie

Manfred Paspie (resume)